If you've been feeling extra stressed lately - you're not alone hun. Those annoying sugar and junk food cravings are often caused by stressed induced hormones, like cortisol. Interestingly, women have been shown to turn to food when stressed more than men.
Great, so what can you do to deal with this in a natural healthy way?
As a busy working mom of 4, stress eating is an area I had to quickly conquer. Especially, after losing my young hubby to cancer and instantly becoming a single mom.
After hours of research, I discovered the power of adaptogens and other natural plants that were proven to reduce stress hormones like cortisol and boost happy hormones like dopamine and serotonin. I tested and loved it.
Not only was I feeling less anxious throughout the day, one of the side effects that I noticed, was that for the first time in my life, I didn't really have to think too much about what I was eating. I stayed a healthy weight.
My endless junk food cravings had virtually disappeared and even if I did enjoy some pizza or ice cream throughout the week, I didn't gain weight. This of course was also due to overall balance of regular exercise and intermittent fasting 14 hours a day.
But... wow, did it feel good to have energy, focus, and not be constantly wanting to eat junk food.
Here's some key takeaways and natural herbs that combat stress-induced overeating.
1. Stress - induced cortisol has direct affect on thyroid function and hormonal balance
2. Cortisol affects fat accumulation and slows metabolism
3. As you age, cortisol levels tend to rise also
4. Adaptogens like Rhodiola have been proven to lower cortisol levels and help with weight loss. Also, it helps with mental performance.
My daily fat burning and stress reducing routine as a busy working mom of 4:
1. Fun exercise I enjoy 4 times a week
2. Daily gratitude journaling
3. Take two different adaptogen blends throughout day. One in morning and the other at lunch time. Or can take only one blend 1-2x a day.
- African Mango Complex: Gently curbs appetite & boosts fat burning metabolism
- Rhodiola: aka "Golden Root" & a powerful adaptogen known to reduce fatigue
- Astragalus: Immunity enhancer that also helps boost energy & anti-aging
- Amino Acid Blend: Supports immune system, gut health, & endurance
- Maca: Promotes hormonal balance, boosts energy & stamina
- Pygeum Africanum: Boosts energy & stamina
- No Sugars. No Junk Fillers.
- Maca: supports hormones, thyroid, and energy balance
- Ginseng Complex: increases energy, endurance, supports thyroid
- Raspberry Ketones: naturally curbs food craving
- African Mango: naturally curbs food cravings
- Amino Acids (L-Carnitine, L-Arginine, Beta-Alanine, & Tryptophan): supports healthy metabolism
- EGCG: Main component in green tea to help mental focus and weight loss
- Chromium: Helps balance blood sugar levels and fat metabolism
- Grapefruit Extract: Helps balance blood sugar levels and metabolism
- Garcinia: Naturally curbs appetite and improves fat metabolism
Natashia - Certified Transformation and Nutrition Coach, BN, worked as an RN in internal medicine for several years before becoming a full time stay home mom of four. In 2019, she lost her young husband to cancer. Now, penetrating the beauty industry, Natashia and her brand Mia Adora™ are on a mission to help make women’s beauty and wellness game easier. Read more