There’s already so much that has been said about skincare habits, there’s so much information out there regarding your skin, and your hair, and your complexion that sometimes it becomes hard to separate facts from fiction. Fortunately for you, I’ve compiled a list of things, with the help of a professional skincare expert, about your skin that you must take as the gospel truth.
1) Some research indicates that dairy can increase acne. So, if acne is your concern and if you think that cutting down on all dairy products is helping your situation, then the expert’s recommendation is no dairy at all. (This is strictly from the perspective of your skin).
2) The good way to treat your large pores and blackhead problems at home is to constantly exfoliate your skin. Use an exfoliant which contains salicylic acid, or better still go for facials. The entire process of cleaning, scrubbing, using hot steam, massaging, toning and moisturizing by a professional will deeply clean your skin, kill all the bacteria and make you feel like a new person.
3) Guys suffering from acne should buy a toner which has 2% of salicylic acid and use it every night after washing and before moisturizing your face.
4) It’s good to make your peace with the fact that someone who has skin issues can never really achieve that baby perfect skin.
5) If you’re a stomach sleeper, it’s very important for you to change your sheets and pillowcases frequently—maybe once every 10 days. Also, if you suffer from bacne, sleep with a different shirt/t-shirt every day just to remove the buildup of oil and bacteria.
6) If you have dry skin, it’s advisable for you to wash your face once with a mild cleanser and then use a face lotion packed with antioxidants. Also, everyone, irrespective of their skin type—dry, normal, oily, combination and weather conditions—sunny, rainy, cloudy, should use sunscreen in the morning before stepping out of the house.
7) Green tea actually really helps in taking care of your skin. It reduces how your skin reacts to UV damage too. You can consume the supplement or just drink it when you remember.
8) Benzoyl peroxide is a great ingredient when it comes to fighting acne.
9) When it comes to skincare or hair care products, always go for options that are fragrance-free.
10) The best way to improve the tone of your skin and lighten your complexion is to stay out of the sun and to use a sunscreen that has zinc oxide in it. Zinc oxide will lighten your skin about a shade and prevent your skin from tanning. Look for sunscreens with SPF 30+.