Feel like you're just "going through the motions" of life? You're not alone.
Ladies message me all the time saying how they feel stuck, sluggish or like they are just going through the motions of life.
I get it. Trust me. After my hubby passed away, I had to figure out how not to become a mom that was living life like a zombie. It took time to reinvent myself but it still blows my mind how we can bounce back from even the worst atrocities in our lives.
I recently read an article on how to bounce back and it mentioned that experts now know that happiness is strongly correlated to how well you "bounce back" from setbacks. What's even more interesting, is that everyone can actually get better at rebounding.
Even though there's not one remedy that fits all. Here's a few things to keep in mind that may help strengthen your resiliency muscle like I've had to now that I'm a single working mom of 4.
1. Develop a core set of beliefs that are unshakeable
2. Try to find meaning in the stressful or traumatic thing that's happened
3. Don't run from things that scare you. Face them. This will build your confidence
4. Reach out for support. None of us can do this alone
5. Learn from others who have demonstrated true resilience
6. Create a new vision or goal for your life. This helps change your focus
7. Keep looking forward rather than beating yourself up about the past
8. Create a new fun exercise regime that you can stick to
9. What are you thankful for right now? Write it down daily
10. Surround yourself with people who inspire and encourage you
These are all practices that became necessary for me and still are to this day. Today is a new day. Press the reset button and let's go!
Reference: "The Science of Happiness," Special Time Edition. Mandy Oaklander.
Natashia, BN, worked as an RN in internal medicine for several years before becoming a full time stay home mom of four. In 2019, she lost her young husband to cancer. Now, penetrating the beauty industry, Natashia and her brand Mia Adora™ are on a mission to help make women’s beauty and wellness game easier. Read more