Alright ladies, let’s talk about my 5 pro tips to make lash extensions LAST LONGER! Most of us would like lashes to look longer and thicker by any means necessary. Many gals like the falsies, or lash extensions, and others prefer fiber lash mascara as an alternative.
If you do love your falsies or lash extensions, here are five simple things most people don’t know that could prolong your lash wear time and save you money, honey...
1. Oil and glycerin free eye makeup is a must! The oils and glycerin break down the glue adhesions causing the false eyelashes or lash extensions to come off prematurely. Check your eyeliner ingredients especially since most liners contain oils.
2. No touchy. It can be so tempting to pick at and play with your lashes but once again, you are transferring oils from your fingers onto your false lashes or extensions causing the glue to break down.
3. Keep lashes clean. Lots of oils, dirt, and makeup can build up along lash line so be sure to clean them gently at night with an oil-free, glycerin-free cleanser. You can also use a spoolie to gently brush them out and remove dirt build-up.
4. Keep lashes moist. Many girls are scared to get their lash extensions wet but keeping them moist with a nano mister if you’re in a dry climate will prevent them from breaking.
5. Keep things hypoallergenic if needed. This one may seem obvious. If your eyes are getting irritated you’re more likely going to want to rub and touch your falsies and extensions. Try using hypoallergenic glue. You can also try a hypoallergenic eyeliner or an alternative to falsies like fiber lash mascara to get a similar look but without the irritating glues.
Natashia - Certified Transformation and Nutrition Coach, BN, worked as an RN in internal medicine for several years before becoming a full time stay home mom of four. In 2019, she lost her young husband to cancer. Now, penetrating the beauty industry, Natashia and her brand Mia Adora™ are on a mission to help make women’s beauty and wellness game easier. Read more